26 September 2008

I Know Henry Kissinger And You, Sir, Are No Henry Kissinger

Barack Obama tried to lecture John McCain about foreign relations by citing McCain's own advisor, Henry Kissinger. McCain pointed out that Obama mischaracterized Kissinger's positions. Who shall we believe? How about Kissinger?

From Stephen F. Hayes at the Weekly Standard blog:
Henry Kissinger believes Barack Obama misstated his views on diplomacy with US adversaries and is not happy about being mischaracterized. He says: "Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality."
(h/t Yuval Levin @ The Corner)


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter