18 September 2008

Happy Belated Constitution Day

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention something about yesterday's Constitutional anniversary. I'll quote the ConSource anniversary email which in turn quoted Benjamin Franklin:
I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such....For when you assemble a number of men to have the advantage of their joint wisdom, you inevitably assemble with those men, all their prejudices, their passions, their errors of opinion, their local interests, and their selfish views. From such an Assembly can a perfect production be expected? It therefore astonishes me, Sir, to find this system approaching so near to perfection as it does....Thus I consent, Sir, to this Constitution because I expect no better, and because I am not sure, that it is not the best.
Freedom. Liberty. Majority rule. Rule of Law. Checks & Balances and Separation of Powers. These are the things outlined by the Constitution and are the principles in which I believe.

If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter