08 October 2008

A Man Among A Bunch Of Wimps

Reader Branden B. brought the following quote to my attention:
Fox News quotes Rep. Artur Davis of Alabama, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus:

Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie. I defended their efforts to encourage affordable homeownership when in retrospect I should have heeded the concerns raised by their regulator in 2004. Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.
(from Taranto)

Like many congressman, Davis is probably elected from such a safe district he could quite literally drive drunk off a bridge, killing his car-mate, and still get elected.

But hey, at least he's honest. You won't get that kind of honesty from Barack Obama or Chris Dodd or Barney Frank.


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter