24 October 2008

Barack Obama Is Not Just Pro-Choice, He's Pro-Abortion

I've been meaning to post this for a long time. Like the author of this article (Robert George), I know a number of pro-lifers who have talked themselves into voting for Barack Obama. After numerous conversations with them, I can't give them any more credit for their vote than they're voting for him because he's cool. (or is it because it's the cool, hip thing to do? I forget.)

Obviously this is my summation of their reasoning, not theirs.

Back to the point at hand. As George points out, 'Barack Obama is the most extreme anti-life, abortion advocate to run for President in the history of the United States.' His positions on every aspect of the life question--from embryonic stem cell research to infanticide--put him in the extreme left.
Barack Obama is the most extreme pro-abortion candidate ever to seek the office of President of the United States. He is the most extreme pro-abortion member of the United States Senate. Indeed, he is the most extreme pro-abortion legislator ever to serve in either house of the United States Congress.

Yet there are Catholics and Evangelicals-even self-identified pro-life Catholics and Evangelicals - [ed. note: and Mormons] who aggressively promote Obama's candidacy and even declare him the preferred candidate from the pro-life point of view.

What is going on here?

I have examined the arguments advanced by Obama's self-identified pro-life supporters, and they are spectacularly weak. It is nearly unfathomable to me that those advancing them can honestly believe what they are saying. But before proving my claims about Obama's abortion extremism, let me explain why I have described Obama as "pro-abortion" rather than "pro-choice."
This is my appeal to the Obama backers of my generation--especially those who, like me, consider themselves social conservatives. I know you're out there. Many of you have been peer pressured into your support of Barack Obama by liberal professors and classmates. Some of you don't care about the politics, but are doing it because, as above, it's cool. If you care about human life at all, you owe it to yourself to read this article with and open mind and the consider: how does Obama's answer to the life question match your own beliefs? And then, vote accordingly.

Depending on where you look, there have been some 48 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. The good news is that those numbers have been going down over the last few years. Obama's policies, clearly laid out in this article, will increase that number.

In a very real sense, depending on who is elected--Obama or McCain--we could see abortion numbers rise and add to the despicable 48 million, or we could see the diminishing trend continue.

I urge you to stand and vote for life, for the rights of the unborn, to protect defenseless.

Vote for John McCain.

(h/t & thanks to Jonathan S.)


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter