18 October 2005

Rumble at Larry's Nightclub

It has been reported that Seahawk FS, Ken Hamlin got into a fight outside a Seattle club after the game with the Texans last Saturday. Apparently he was beat badly enough that he was in the hospital with a skull fracture. This whole situation is disappointing for several reasons: firstly, the Seahawks were supposedly emphasizing character (they cut some of the more shady members of the team in the off-season) and yet KH is picking fights at clubs. Secondly, this is a black eye for the team and comes just before an important game with the Cowgirls. Reportedly he was given every opportunity to walk away from the fight but hit the man when a club security guard turned his head--as a Ken Hamlin fan, I hope that's not accurate. The man who put KH in the hopsital was allegedly found at a nearby park, if this is true and the two events are related then we could see a Ray Lewis-like situation in Seattle. Less I come across as callous, let me state my regret at the man's death. But I hope the two events are unrelated--if his death were retaliation for KH's beating then the conspiracy will mount. My best wishes go to Hamlin for a speedy recovery, hopefully there are no long term effects and he can quickly return to the field. I would appreciate any info from the Seattle crew (led by MJ). What have you heard?

No comments:

StatCounter