01 November 2008

My Kind Of Seahawks

From an article in today's Seattle PI, more reasons to like Matt Hasselbeck and now-retired Mack Strong:
Last year after Matt Hasselbeck and Mack Strong gave President Bush an honorary Seahawks jersey at a $1,000-a-plate fundraiser for Rep. Dave Reichert, they took all kinds of heat.

Hasselbeck received nasty texts and e-mails, with one man saying, "I hate you, I'll never wear your jersey, I'll never like the Seahawks again." The meanness surprised him. His coach's wife, Kathy Holmgren, a staunch Democrat, was also upset about the two players giving Bush a jersey.

I miss Mack Strong. My dad, brother, and I met him at Seahawks training camp in the Summer of 2005. He was friendly and took time to shake everyone's hand and sign everything that anyone had for him to sign. He's a real class act.

Of course, Elizabeth Hasselbeck is Matt's sister-in-law. Good family. With any luck, I'll be voting for Matt for Senate from the state of Washington someday soon.


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter