25 November 2008

Marines Kick Taliban A**, Take No Names

30 Marines vs. 250 Taliban. It's like something out of a movie. Only better.
During the battle, the designated marksman single handedly thwarted a company-sized enemy RPG and machinegun ambush by reportedly killing 20 enemy fighters with his devastatingly accurate precision fire. He selflessly exposed himself time and again to intense enemy fire during a critical point in the eight-hour battle for Shewan in order to kill any enemy combatants who attempted to engage or maneuver on the Marines in the kill zone. What made his actions even more impressive was the fact that he didn’t miss any shots, despite the enemies’ rounds impacting within a foot of his fighting position.

“I was in my own little world,” the young corporal said. “I wasn’t even aware of a lot of the rounds impacting near my position, because I was concentrating so hard on making sure my rounds were on target.”

For an R-rated (you've been warned), Chuck Norris-style lauding of the young corporal's deeds, click the link.

(thanks to Ace)


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter