17 November 2008

Help Dave Beat The KosKidz

Remember the scholarship contest to which I linked and for which I encouraged y'all to sign up? Well, I don't know if any of my readers did, but Dave Cameron of USS Mariner fame is in the contest.

And he's leading.

I voted, because I love his stuff and am grateful for the sabermetric understanding he gave me of baseball and how it cross applies to things beyond baseball. I don't know what his politics are; USS Mariner has a strict, no-politics-allowed discussion policy. But given his background--studying econ stuff at UNC Charlotte (pretty sure)--I don't think he's an Obama hipster. So there's that.

Anyway, beyond telling a few friends who also read his blog, I wasn't going to publicly support his bid for the scholarship here at OL&L. But then I found out the haters over at DailyKos were promoting one of their own. Every day. Even though they don't normally read him. Just because he's a member of their groupthink. And, well, that really peeved me off.

So now I'm appealing to you, the several hundred of you across the United States, UK, and occasionally Uzbekistan, to click the link and VOTE FOR DAVID CAMERON. If you have a blog and you want to stick it to DailyKos, post a link and encourage your readers, friends, family to vote for David Cameron. Email everyone. He's behind by about 700 votes.


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter