29 November 2005

Top 10 Back Again

I took a week off for Thanksgiving, I hope you did too. We were supposed to fly to Cancun after the BYU game vs. Utah. I was looking forward to finally beating the Utes and spending the week on the beach. With the elements combined against us (Hurricane Wilma) we put off our trip and BYU lost. Result? Instead of flying to Cancun we drove to Washington. That and the loss left me in a bad mood. An improbable Seahawks win and a bowl bid later and I am back on track--even if the new snow makes me wish I were skiing rather than engaged in yet another hour-and-a-half-long-boring-class-discussion.

1. Jay Feely
Could it be anyone else? This Giants kicker (he is also the kicker on my fantasy football team) gave the game to my Seahawks on Sunday. His three missed field goals land him in the Seattle "Hall of Infamy." Congrats Jay, you ruined R Jones's day. (Despite Feely's poor showing I still beat Rob in fantasy football) Credit also to Qwest Field fans who helped the Giants to 11 false start penalties. Oh yeah, the Giants will probably meet the 'Hawks again in the playoffs, but they will still have Seattle fans to deal with.

2. Reggie Bush
513 all-purpose yards. As mentioned before here, the most exciting player in all of football, whatever level. Whatever happened to to that guy at Ohio State--the "Reggie Bush of the East" (what was his name?)? Vince Young and Brady Quinn fans should collectively stop kidding themselves, Bush has got the Heisman locked up.

3. Mr. Miyagi
He may have been the best coach in movie history but he's still only #3 in this week's Top 10. Oh, not to ruin anyone's week, but he passed away last week. Reading ESPN's Page 2, I came across a review of the Karate Kid Trilogy by Bill Simmons. It is one of the funniest things I have ever read, ever.

4. Caroline Christianson
This Top 10 listing should have come sooner, sorry Caroline. As co-host of the local KBYU tv show "Talk It Up Provo", Caroline has helped to put on a good show. I haven't seen too many of them, but I think I've got them all on DVR. Check it out, Thursdays @ 7pm. Hey Caroline, have you mentioned my blog?

5. Cougar Basketball
First time over .500 in a year? No problem. Just don't let Marc's critique get to you.

6. XBox 360
I haven't played it yet, but friends of mine who don't do anything but play say its "incredible" (thanks for the word Pete). I'll get a better review in the next week or so, here's a pretty good one for now.

7. Lost
The best show this side of Jack Bauer (don't you love that raspy voice?). Jack is the name of the best characters in both shows. Coincidence? I think not.

8. Apple
I have a 12" PowerBook, an old 3rd Generation iPod and an iPod Shuffle. Just before Thanksgiving break I had a problem with my shuffle. Thursday afternoon I sent them an email explaining my problem. Friday (the next day!) I had a new shuffle in my PO box. Now that's what I call customer service.
I should get money for these plugs, seriously.

9. Hot Tamales
Its not a good list unless I promote one of my favorite foods. Everyone should eat more Hot Tamales.

10. Christmas Trees
We were going to cut down one of the trees near my apartment but we couldn't find anyone with an axe or a saw. So we bought one at Rite Aid for $17. You should too. By the way, click on the link to play Attack of the Mutant Artificial Trees. I got to the third round and scored 7000 points. Good luck chumps.

Also:
Happy 25th Bday to Ammon Sullivan. Welcome to the Quarter Century Club.
Lee Greenwood is one of the Top 10 Christmas Albums. Seriously. I'll put out a list later. Read the blurb about the "Iraqi Coins" on the Lee Greenwood website. It's a good story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good article on Karate Kid. If you thought that was funny, read this: http://www.4q.cc/t/index.php?topthirty

matt said...

"Mr. Miyagi have present for you, Daniel-San."

I 2nd that, The Karate Kid article was classic--great literature.

Fernando said...

The chump in me I decided to take you up on the Mutant Xmas tree game. I only played it twice and I got to level 7 w/ a score of 16,600 (currently ranked 33 on the board). By round 7, the dumb trees moved to quickly that it was nearly impossible to hit them. Had I not missed one tree on two levels, I would have received more of a bonus score.

Maybe I'll play the game later when I have some time. Good luck to any other chumps interested in playing this game.

StatCounter