03 November 2005

miss Jerome James? "Miss Jerome James" maybe

DVR plus College Gameplan have combined to be a powerful one-two punch to my studies this fall. NBA League Pass could do the same.

Last night I watched the Sonics lose to the alien(Sam Cassell)-led Clippers. Sure, it was embarrassing. I was asked if the Sonics were going to miss Jerome James. My answer was an immediate and emphatic, no. If you just tuned into the playoffs and watched JJ play well for a couple of games, you can be forgiven. But anyone who followed the Sonics closely last year knows that the Knicks will soon regret giving him a fat contract. Without Ray Allen to babysit him in NYC...? Good luck Larry Brown.

Antonio Daniels? A whole other matter entirely. Last night's 4th Quarter implosion is due in part to the lack of the focus, smart, turnover-less brand of basketball AD brought to the court each and every game. His loss cannot be overstated. What was Ronald "Flip" Murray thinking taking three consecutive shots in the 4th quarter when the ball should have gone to Ray or Rashard? On one possession, for lack of a better description, he quite literally gave the ball away. AD was always praised for having among the lowest turnover per minute played ratios in the NBA. His presence will be missed.

To the nay-sayers: Last year the Sonics were within one Tim Duncan bucket in the 4th Quarter of Game 6 of advancing to the Western Conference Finals. They did that without Rashard Lewis or Vlad Radmanovich--the #2 & #3 leading scorers on the team.

2 comments:

Kalie said...

Hey. So does Matt have a Blog? Where is it? How can I get to it? Have you checked out the family web page? Do you guys have a night this coming week when you aren't going to be surrounded by other people? Maybe we could hit Alpine one of these nights and play games or something... Maybe I'd bring Jason along... Sorry this has nothing to do with your blog. Its great though...

Anonymous said...

Ohh...Post of the year!

Anyway, Im gonna have to break down and get the League Pass, its on sale right now...I've always thought he looked like a total alien...I think that your ideas are pretty common around the league. I think Larry Brown and IT needed to get anything off a lean FA market. KJR fully agrees with you...I think I'm gonna have to go down for the Thanksgiving Day game seeing that I will have no family to celebrate with. My favorite two teams, Sonics and Lakers at the Staples Center. Sweet! Get to know the name Smush baby! KB84MVP

StatCounter