22 August 2008

The Obama Booty Call

My favorite place to check the polls, fivethirtyeight.com, is turning into just another Daily Kos diary. You know the type. They write up some scenario about young twenty-somethings and on and on and everyone talks about Obama and how great he is and how enlightened and progressive they are and, well, read the latest for yourself:
Now, think of the good feelings people have leaving work on a Friday - people gather socially on Friday nights, especially younger and more single people who can create a buzz. Imagine some of the more politically active young people hanging out with less politically active friends and getting a news-breaking text and tipping point some gatherings into little cells of persuasion. And now I'm talking myself into an imminent announcement. Isn't MSNBC about to come online with the political shows?

Finally, a junkie anecdote: last night, I texted Nate about something, and he replied "*%^$, I thought that was Obama's text." And when he texted me back to say that, I stopped mid-pee to grab my phone.
This is sick, just sick. Rather than staying up, giddy with anticipation for a late-night, ah, text from a significant other, they're waiting with bated breath for Obama's VP announcement. Call it the Obama Booty Call.

It may be that no group in the history of the world has ever had such high regard for themselves as do the self-named "progressive" supporters of Barack Obama, Guitar Hero*. Given the candidate, it's only fitting.

Please guys, get back to talking about polls and regression analysis--for the love of Gallup, play to your strength.


*Over-the-top performance, no real skill or experience.


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter