18 December 2005

Everything Seahawks + Doug Jolley

I just finished watching my DVR (one of the Top 10 Greatest Things Ever) recorded Seahawks game. Sure, they only beat the lowly Titans 28-24, but they could have had a let-down against the Chargers at home. Way to go Dolts. At least Edgerrin James got one TD to help me beat Kenty in our first round fantasy football playoff matchup.

I'm tired of people (my roommates) saying that Matt Hasselbeck is no good. Have you watched him play a game? Have you looked at the stats? With what do you back up your ridiculous critique of Matt Hasselbeck? He leads one of the top offenses in the NFL--just today he was 21-27 for 285 yards and 3 TDs. He will never throw it 40 times a la Peyton Manning--not with All-World RB Shaun Alexander making defenses look silly. Defying all comprehension is the fact that Eli Manning, Michael Vick, and Drew Bledsoe all have more Pro-Bowl votes than Hasselbeck--despite the fact that he leads them all in nearly every statistical category. Darrin Beane of the Tacoma News-Tribune wrote a great article about Hasselbeck.

Speaking of Shaun Alexander, today's 26 carries, 172 yards and a TD continue his march toward MVP. Still think he's slow? Don't tell that to Adam "Pacman" Jones who just flat couldn't keep up. Check out this article from Danny O'Neil of the Seattle P-I.

One last Seahawk shout-out. Lofa Tatupu will win Defensive Rookie of the Year. I know, that was a game winning play by Shawn Merriman against the Dolts, but he can't compare with Tatupu. Lofa's stats read like a Pro-Bowl LB. 93 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 INTs and a TD--this guy is leading the defense like a seasoned vet. Greg Bishop of the Seattle Times reports.

A few parting shots for the Seahawk doubters. Matt Hasselbeck has been getting it done without his top two WRs for most of the season. Bobby Engram just returned a couple games ago and today's game vs. the Titans was Darrell Jackson's first game back (big ups for the TD, D-Jack). And the Seahawks defense? They are missing two starting LBs (mis-reported by Fox's broadcast team - Jaimie Sharper and D.D. Lewis), their starting FS (Ken Hamlin), and two starting CBs (Andre Dyson & Kelly Herndon). Despite all the injuries they still destroyed the Eagles and 49ers, though their lack of depth obviously showed against the Titans.

Next up: the Dolts on Christmas Eve. All I want for Christmas is the for 'Hawks to beat the Colts.

One last thing... Congrats to BYU product, Doug Jolley for making ESPN's Top 10. He is a good guy and a good football player.

2 comments:

Trevor said...

Hey Jake. I finally made it over to your site. I'll be checking it out every once in a while. I like your 10-bests every once in a while. Also, have you read America's Secret War? I finished it about a month ago and I thought it was such a fantastic book I'm telling everybody about it.

I'm also looking for new books people can get me for christmas. Suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Book Suggestions:

Freakonomics
The Tipping Point
Blink
The Count of Monte Christo
Atlas Shrugged
Les Miserables

StatCounter