12 May 2006

Costa Rica

You will excuse, we hope, yet another long delay between posts. Finals and graduation necessitated the first long break, a two week trip to Costa Rica forces the next.

And, unlike James Taranto with Best of the Web, we aren't part of an institution (The Wall Street Journal) that allows us to send Political Diary to feed your need for an On Life and Lybberty fix.

In other news, we have been accepted onto programmes at Queen Mary and King's College--both part of the University of London system. University College (London) and Birkbeck remain unaccounted for.

While you wait for new installments, check out the archive. It is replete with pedestrian writing and plebian (some are pithy) comments. It may not be the intellectual and observational tour de force you were hoping (expecting?), but it is entertaining.

Read on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Walter Cronkite, I got a newsflash for you. You aren't Harry Potter. Plebian??? Pithy??? Would you like some tea with your crumpets? And who does the "we" refer to? I would prefer that you refer to yourself in the third person ala Ricky Henderson. Good luck in Costa Rica. I hope you don't contract VD.

Fernando said...

Hey Morgan, what about 'programme'? Isn't that the British spelling?

It seems like Jake enjoys posting at 12:01 AM. Either this is sheer conincidence or Jake just has it post automatically at that scheduled time. I'm waiting to hear about your experiences in Costa Rica. I wish I could've gone. It turns out that I've been super busy with my BYU job and the web site you referred to me (thanks, btw).

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Jake Lybbert!

Anonymous said...

You have been accepted at UCL (University College London) as well.

Anonymous said...

And who the heck is the above "Morgan"- I thought Morgan was with you.

Anonymous said...

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_3896635

BYU needs more professors with the guts to speak out like this guy. How long do you think he has before he gets fired for this?

Anonymous said...

Jerry,

Isaiah 55: 8-9

Jake,

Munns commits to BYU and you're silent? What's going on down there?

StatCounter