16 February 2010

CPAC 2010, Here We Come

As many of you know, tomorrow I fly to Washington DC for a week of research and a few days of CPAC 2010. I'm fortunate in that the place wherein most of my American research will take place also happens to be the location of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference--a conference I first attended with my brother last year.

What is even more serendipitous is the fact that next week is reading week at my university. Given that I teach a seminar and conduct an office hour every Tuesday, this means I don't have to find someone to fill in.

It's like they planned the reading week so I could attend CPAC 2010, or something.

Anyway, early tomorrow I fly London to Detroit and thence to Reagan National Airport (appropriately) where I will meet up with my old man and brother and head on over to the site of CPAC 2010 where we will spend the next three days. We are, the three of us, credentialed bloggers for the event (yes, they'll give them to practically anyone) and will be chronicling our experience via this blog and something with which some of you youngsters are already familiar--that Twitter.

As far as I know, none of the CPAC authorities did anything about my suggestion from last year (that there be designated blogging locations in each of the conference rooms, complete with a table and internets connectivity), which means the most constant, up-to-the-minute information about CPAC will be had through my and everyone else's Twitter account.

You can follow me, here and Matt, here. If/when the aforementioned Old Man gets a twitter account, I'll list that one too.

As I say, we'll post here at lybberty.com, but we'll really be posting on that twitter, so follow us.


If you have tips, questions, comments or suggestions, email me at lybberty@gmail.com.

StatCounter